TERMS & CONDITIONS of the Polish language courses at «SVschool Language Center».
§ 1 ORGANIZATIONAL GROUND RULES
1. Referring to Course, it is considered a certain amount of classes which are conducted by a teacher/-s in a certain period individually or in a group.
2. Courses are executed at all levels of teaching from A0 – C1 in accordance with a program provided by the Contractor.
3. “Lesson hour” refer to a 45-minute period of instruction.
4. The enrollment for the course is made by filling in the application form (on-line or at the office) and transferring the fee of the course.
Submitting the registration form, paying the fee and receiving a confirmation results in the acceptance of this statute. The statute is constituent of the agreement, which is concluded with every student during the enrollment.
5. To define the language level of the student it is essential to complete a test and go through an interview with a teacher (this does not apply to those who begin the study of the Polish language for the first time).
The groups are formed with taking into account the language experience, age and individual needs of the participants.
6. A course can be opened when a minimum of 6 persons apply for it. The Contractor may decide to begin a course when less than 6 people apply for it. In case of a group consisting of 2 to 5 students, the number of lesson units is reduced.
The Semester course contains 50 lessons for 4-5 students, or 40 lessons for 3 students.
The Weekend course contains 45 lessons for 4-5 students, or 39 lessons for 3 students.
The Semi-intensive course contains 42 lessons for 4-5 students, or 34 lessons for 3 students.
The Intensive course contains 38 lessons for 4-5 students, or 30 lessons for 3 students.
If the number of students in a group reduces to one or two student only, the course shall be converted into individual Polish classes. The number of lessons will be adequately shortened in accordance with the price of individual Polish classes.
7. In case a previously planned group cannot be launched because of insufficient number of participants, the Contractor shall postpone commencing the course or reimburse the Student with the fees payed before the Course.
8. Once the course has started, in case the number of participants reduces (to less than 6 people), the School will suggest either another group on the same level, a smaller number of classes or the reimbursement of the paid fee, subtracting the number of classes that the student already had.
9. The Contractor reserves the right to enroll new students to the group, but no more than maximum 12 persons.
10. The course ends with a test that verifies the progress of each student. A positive result (61 % and higher) qualifies the student to the next level.
11. At the end of each course, the Student will receive the Course completion Certificate.
12. The students who did not complete the course will not obtain the Course completion Certificate. In a similar case, on the student’s request the School can sign a certificate of attendance.
13. In case of any suggestions or remarks please contact your teacher, the office or the management.
14. In case of need, the School reserves the right to the change of teachers during the course due to important organization issues.
15. The organizer is not incurring liability for any losses of property occurred during the classes nor for accidents and injuries not related to the classes.
16. Underage students are required to provide a written consent of a parent or legal guardian to participate in the course and / or in the cultural programme.
17. The School reserves the right to use the photos made during the classes for marketing purposes.
§ 2 FEES AND PAYMENT
1. Course fees include:
a) Polish language lessons
b) Placement test
c) Certificate of attendance
d) Additional classes (such as conversations, workshops)
e) course book, all teaching materials.
2. The price of the course will not be changed during the course.
3. The participants are required to pay for the whole course in advance or to pay in instalments:
a) prepayment for the entire course of study + registration fee (100 PLN) should be paid within 7 days after the registration.
b) in 2 instalments. The first instalment, which includes 50% of the course fee + registration fee (100 PLN) should be paid within 7 days after the registration. The remaining amount should be paid according to the terms specified in the Agreement/ in the middle of the course.
c) monthly payment (in case there is no need for registration of documents for obtaining a visa or residence permit). The first instalment + registration fee (100 PLN) should be paid within 7 days after the registration. The remaining amounts should be paid due to the 5th of every month.
d) In case the Student need to receive a visa or Residence permit card on base of a language course organized by the School . The first instalment, which includes 50% of the course fee + registration fee (100 PLN) should be paid within 7 days after the registration. The remaining amounts should be paid due to the 5th of every month.
4. For the students that join the groups during the semester, the fees are calculated individually.
5. The final reservation of spot in a group takes place after the payment has been made.
6. Payments can be made to the bank account below.
Details for direct payments made in Poland:
Account owner: SVcom Sp. z o. o.,
Bank name: Bank Millennium S.A.
Account number (PLN): 14 1160 2202 0000 0003 4102 2288
Details for payments made abroad:
Account owner: SVcom Sp. z o. o.
Bank name: Bank Millennium S.A.
IBAN (PLN): PL 14 1160 2202 0000 0003 4102 2288
IBAN (EUR): PL 26 1160 2202 0000 0003 4990 7563
IBAN (USD): PL 63 1160 2202 0000 0003 4990 7770
TITLE: Course [your name and surname]
7. All bank fees are to be met by course participants.
8. In case of delay in payment of fees, the Contractor will add interest charges up to a maximum specified by Polish law, calculated on an annual basis to the date of actual payment for each day of delay in payment. In case of delay in payment of more than 30 calendar days the School may cancel the Course with the Student retaining the right to claim the fee amount calculated pursuant, including interests.
§ 3 ABSENCES
1. The School does not reimburse any payments for absences.
2. If the classes had been canceled because of the problems of the School (teacher’s illness, technical issues, etc.), the School organizes a substitution or the classes are postponed to another date that is suitable for all the participants.
3. The students who did not complete the course will not obtain the Course completion Certificate. In a similar case, on the student’s request the School can sign a certificate of attendance.
4. The student who attends individual lessons has the possibility to cancel or change the dates of the classes. The change in the schedule should be done during a working day, at least with a 24-hour notice prior to the already planned class, with adequate information sent by e-mail or passed by phone. The change of the date of the class must be confirmed by the SVschool Office or the teacher. If the class is not cancelled according to the rules, the student will be charged for it. If the student is late for classes, their lessons will not be prolonged. The teacher is obliged to wait for the student for 15 minutes (in case of a 45-minute class) unless the student informs the teacher about being late and asks for postponing their lessons. That does not mean, however, that the class will be prolonged.
§ 4 RESIGNATION
1. At any time, the Participant has the right to refuse to participate in the course by writing the Resignation form. The application must be submitted in writing to the school administration or send a scanned copy by e-mail to the address of the school firstname.lastname@example.org. Temporary absence of the course participant is not accepted by the school as a resignation and does not exempt the Student from the payment.
2. In case of the resignation from the course more four weeks before the course begins, the student is fully reimbursed.
3. In case of the resignation from the course more than four weeks before the course begins, there is a possibility to take part in another session of the course or to register another person for the student’s place. The student does not have to pay any additional costs in such a situation.
4. In case of the resignation from the course less than four weeks before the course begins or after the beginning the Student is obliged to settle the fees for the part of the course used and for the classes that fall for another 1 month from the date of written resignation. Settlement is made proportionally, taking as a basis the price of the course without any discounts. The Contractor will reimburse the fee paid for the Course after the deduction of fees for already conducted classes. Cost of the Course will be deducted in the amount calculated by multiplying the number of conducted classes and fees for individual classes.
5. If the refusal to perform the Agreement relates to participation in a course organized for foreigners applying for a Polish temporary residence permit on the basis of courses organized by the School, upon receipt of the residence permit, the cost of the resignation is 100% of the course cost.
6. If the refusal to execute the Agreement relates to participation in a course organized for foreigners applying for a visa to the territory of Poland, in case of obtaining a visa, the cost of the resignation is 100% of the cost of the course.
7. The payment for the course is not refundable (in case of resignation) for the citizens of the countries with a visa-free regime with Poland who have received confirmation of their participation in the course on the basis of which they can obtain a visa or a Card of Residence (residence permit).
8. In case the Student does not receive a visa that allows him to enter Poland for a language course organized by the School, the School will refund the amount paid for the course, minus the registration fee (100 PLN). Refund is made only by bank transfer. The Student is obliged to write a resignation form and present a document confirming the Consulate’s negative decision to issue a visa (a copy of the original document given by the Embassy explaining why your visa has been rejected).
9. In the case of visa/residence permit have not been received, the Student can transfer to another person all the rights in accordance with the Agreement, for attending classes, with the permission of the School.
10. The registration fee is non-refundable under any circumstances.