TERMS & CONDITIONS of the Polish language courses at «SVschool Language Center».
§ 1 ORGANIZATIONAL GROUND RULES
1. Referring to Course, it is considered a certain amount of classes which are conducted by a teacher/-s in a certain period individually or in a group.
2. Courses are executed at all levels of teaching from A0 – C1 in accordance with a program provided by the School.
3. “Lesson hour” refer to a 45-minute period of instruction.
4. The enrollment for the course is made by filling in the application form (on-line or at the office) and transferring the fee of the course.
Submitting the registration form, paying the fee and receiving a confirmation results in the acceptance of this statute. The statute is constituent of the agreement, which is concluded with every student during the enrollment. The contract between the Student and the School becomes effective as soon as the School confirms the registration in writing, by letter or email.
5. To define the language level of the student it is essential to complete a test and go through an interview with a teacher (this does not apply to those who begin the study of the Polish language for the first time, Students who continue their studies at School,
Students who have achieved a certificate from a previous level at the School or possess an international certificate in Polish language.).
The groups are formed with taking into account the language experience, age and individual needs of the participants.
6. A course can be opened when a minimum of 4 persons apply for it. The School may decide to begin a course when less than 4 people apply for it.
7. In case a previously planned group cannot be launched because of insufficient number of participants, the School shall postpone commencing the course or reimburse the Student with the fees payed before the Course.
8. Once the course has started, in case the number of participants reduces (to less than 4 people), the School will suggest either another group on the same level, or the reimbursement of the paid fee, subtracting the number of classes that the student already had.
9. The School reserves the right to enroll new students to the group, but no more than maximum 12 persons.
10. The course ends with a test that verifies the progress of each student. A positive result (51 % and higher) qualifies the student to the next level.
11. At the end of each course, the Student will receive the Course completion Certificate.
12. The students who did not complete the course will not obtain the Course completion Certificate. In a similar case, on the student’s request the School can sign a certificate of attendance.
13. In case of any suggestions or remarks please contact your teacher, the office or the management.
14. In case of need, the School reserves the right to the change of teachers during the course due to important organization issues.
15. The organizer is not incurring liability for any losses of property occurred during the classes nor for accidents and injuries not related to the classes.
16. Underage students are required to provide a written consent of a parent or legal guardian to participate in the course and / or in the cultural programme.
17. The School reserves the right to use the photos made during the classes for marketing purposes.
§ 2 FEES AND PAYMENT
1. The Students are required to pay for the whole course in advance or to pay in the instalments in accordance to the offer of the School.
2. Course fees include:
a) Polish language lessons
b) Additional materials (except for a textbook and a workbook) used in class
c) Placement test
d) Certificate of attendance
3. The price of the course will not be changed during the course.
4. The Student is required to pay for the whole course in advance or to pay in instalments.
5. For the students that join the groups during the semester, the fees are calculated individually.
6. The final reservation of spot in a group takes place after the payment has been made.
7. Payments can be made to the bank account below.
Account owner: SVcom Sp. z o. o.,
Bank name: Bank Millennium S.A.
Bank address: ul. Stanisława Żaryna 2A, 02-593 Warszawa
The account number (PLN): 14 1160 2202 0000 0003 4102 2288
IBAN (PLN): PL 14 1160 2202 0000 0003 4102 2288
IBAN (EUR): PL 26 1160 2202 0000 0003 4990 7563
IBAN (USD): PL 63 1160 2202 0000 0003 4990 7770
TITLE: Course [your name and surname]
8. All bank fees are to be met by course participants.
9. In case a Student does not pay the next instalment in due time or the latest week after the due time, he/she looses the right to attend the classes until settlement of the bill in accordance to the Agreement. A Student who does not pay the second instalment and stops attending the classes is still under the Agreement and is committed to its rules.
10. In case of delay in payment of fees, the School will add interest charges up to a specified by Polish law, calculated on an annual basis to the date of actual payment for each day of delay in payment. In case of delay in payment of more than 30 calendar days the School may cancel the Course with the Student retaining the right to claim the fee amount calculated pursuant, including interests.
§ 3 ABSENCES
1. The School does not reimburse any payments for absences.
2. If the classes had been canceled because of the problems of the School (teacher’s illness, technical issues, etc.), the School organizes a substitution or the classes are postponed to another date that is suitable for all the participants.
3. The students who did not complete the course will not obtain the Course completion Certificate. In a similar case, on the student’s request the School can sign a certificate of attendance.
4. The student who attends individual lessons has the possibility to cancel or change the dates of the classes. The change in the schedule should be done during a working day, at least with a 24-hour notice prior to the already planned class, with adequate information sent by e-mail or passed by phone. The change of the date of the class must be confirmed by the SVschool Office or the teacher. If the class is not cancelled according to the rules, the student will be charged for it. If the student is late for classes, their lessons will not be prolonged. The teacher is obliged to wait for the student for 15 minutes (in case of a 45-minute class) unless the student informs the teacher about being late and asks for postponing their lessons. That does not mean, however, that the class will be prolonged.
§ 4 TERMINATION
1. At any time, the Student may terminate the Agreement in compliance with the notice period by writing a notice of termination.
The period of notice is 30 (thirty) days for courses lasting less than five months, and 90 (ninety) days for courses lasting more than five months.
2. The notice of termination must be submitted in writing to the school administration or send a scanned copy by e-mail to the address of the school firstname.lastname@example.org. Temporary absence of the course participant is not accepted by the school as a termination and does not exempt the Student from the payment.
3. In case of the of termination of the Agreement by the Student, the Student is obliged to settle the fees for the part of the course used and for the classes that fall for the term of notice from the date of written termination. Settlement is made proportionally, taking as a basis the price of the course without any discounts.
4. In case of the of termination of the Agreement by the Student, the School will reimburse the fee paid for the Course after the deduction of fees for already conducted classes. Cost of the Course will be deducted in the amount calculated by multiplying the number of conducted classes and fees for individual classes.
§5 COVID – 19
1. If the entire group has to be quarantined due to one of the students or employees of the School being diagnosed COVID-19, the classes of the course will be conducted ONLINE at a convenient time for students.
2. If the authorities of the Republic of Poland order the obligatory closure of schools, the classes of the course will be conducted ONLINE at a convenient time for students.