Temporary Residence Permit in Poland on the basis of the Yearlong Polish language Course at the Smart Vision School

Due to the fact that new changes to Immigration Rules and Regulations have come into force, it is currently very difficult to obtain a visa based on Polish language courses in a private language school.

Smart Vision School does not issue an acceptance letter, which is required to apply for a visa.

 Check which documents you have to present to the Department of Foreigners Affairs of the Mazovian Voivodeship Office:


  1. 2 copies of the application for a temporary residence permit completed in accordance with the instructions; if aforeigner is younger than 13 years old – 1 copy of the application;
  2. 4 recent colour photographs, undamaged, size 45×35 mm, made in the last six months on a plain white background, withgood focus, clearly showing the eyes and face from the top of the head to the top of the shoulders; the face should occupy70-80% of the photograph;
  3. a valid travel document (2 photocopies); if a foreigner is younger than 13 years old – 1 photocopy of a valid travel document;
  4. documents confirming having a place of residence in the territory of Poland
  5. confirmation of health insurance within the meaning of the Act of 27 August 2004 on health care services provided by public funds or confirmation that the insurer has covered the costs of treatment ( 30 000 Euro) on the territory of the Republic of Poland – valid for at least 3 months from the date of the decision;
  6. documents proving that the Foreigner has sufficient financial resources to cover his/her living costs (minimum 528 PLN net per month per person in the family or 701 PLN in the case of a single person) and the return journey to the country of origin or residence or the costs of transit to a third country which will grant the entry permit (200 PLN, if the foreigner came from a country neighbouring the Republic of Poland, PLN 500 if the foreigner came from a European Union Member State not neighbouring Poland, or from a Member State of the European Free Trade Agreement, PLN 2500 if the foreigner came from a country other than the above-specified costs of study/learning;
  7. a certificate about acceptance or continuation of studies, course, education or vocational training granted by the institution providing the training. The certificate should indicate the date of commencement and completion of studies, course, education, training, regime (full-time/non-secondary), field of study, year, semester, level and amount and rules of payment;
  8. a certificate on the amount of tuition fees for the entire period of education or training, and in the case of degree programmes, for the current academic year and for the following semester issued by the institution providing the programme;
  9. a certificate indicating how often classes are held (on which days and hours) and the foreigner’s attendance from the beginning of the course to the present;
  10. the schedule of classes;
  11. proof of payment for the education which shows the date of payment of tuition fees or part of it (in case of taking or continuing studies, course, paid training)
  12. in the case of a subsequent application for a temporary residence permit: documents proving the fulfilment of the current purpose of stay on the territory of the Republic of Poland, among others, documents proving the fulfilment of the duties under Article 113 of the Act on Foreigners, i.e. notifying a Voivode about the termination of the reason for the previously granted residence permit.
  13. an administrative fee of 340 PLN

Where can You submit an application?

  • In person

at the office of the Department of Foreigners, located at 3/5 Marszałkowska St. in Warsaw, 1st floor, stands 14,16, only after prior arrangement for a specific day and time open: 10 am – 5:30 pm (Monday), 8 am – 3 pm (Tuesday – Friday)

  • in the Registry Office of the Mazowieckie Province Office, at pl. Bankowy 3/5, entrance F (Al. Solidarności)

open: 8 am – 4 pm (Monday – Friday)

  • By mail to:

Mazowiecki Urząd Wojewódzki w Warszawie Wydział Spraw Cudzoziemców ul. Marszałkowska 3/5, 00-624 Warszawa

Details on the official website