Visa on the basis of Polish language courses

Due to the fact that new changes to Immigration Rules and Regulations have come into force, the Smart Vision School does not issue an acceptance letter, which is required to apply for a visa.


Do you need a Poland Visa?

European citizens do not need a visa to study in Poland but if the course is longer than three months, they must register their stay in Poland. Citizens of a few other countries like Australia, Brazil, Canada, Hong Kong, Iceland, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, and Singapore may also not need a Poland student visa to study in Poland.

If the country you belong to is not amongst the list of visa-exempt countries you will need to apply for a Poland visa before arriving in Poland. This visa typically allows a person to stay in Poland for up to 90 days at a stretch in a period of 180 days (Schengen visa) or more than 90 days (National visa). Hence, after arriving in Poland, the student will be able to apply for a Temporary Stay Card.

What type of visa should I apply for?

Citizens of non-EU/EFTA countries which are not listed as visa free countries may enter Poland and stay within its territory on a basis of Schengen or national visa.

Schengen Visa (visa type C) – is issued when the planned stay on the territory of the Schengen area does not exceed 90 days within each 180-day period.

National visa (visa type D) – entitles to entry and a continuous stay in the territory of Poland or to several consecutive stays which jointly last longer than 90 days, the period of validity of a national visa cannot exceed 1 year.

Visa requirements and application forms as well as the complete list of Polish diplomatic missions abroad are available at the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

How to Apply for a Poland Visa?
Once the application has been filled in and the necessary documents are in place, the applicant will need to book a visa appointment at the closest Poland consulate. This can be done online at the e-konsulat page. A date and a time slot will be appointed.

The applicant will then be directed to the registration page where personal details will need to be filled in. This page should be printed along with the email confirming the visa appointment.

On the date of the visa appointment, the first thing to be done is the payment of visa fees. The visa fee is non-refundable.

The application form, passport photographs, supporting documents and visa fee receipt will then need to be submitted. A token no. will be given to the applicant for the visa interview.

The visa interview is quite straightforward. The applicant must answer all questions honestly and confidently. Biometric details such as fingerprints will also be taken at this time.

The student visa typically takes 2-3 weeks to be processed after which the visa and all other documents can be collected from the consulate.

 Reviews about us Google maps